hondas k series engine - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #11
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
oh ok, the accord dx. yea with a good driver, manual box, and basic bolt ons box you can get that car down to a 15.0 and thats in the heavy accord.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #12
Registered Member

K-series are wonderful motors. We have one in our 05 Accord EX Sedan. The 5AT all but ruins the car. IE why I dont drive it much anymore. It was bought for the wife yeah know.

Anyway they can give good FE and proformance. Just depends on where you put your foot. Our Accord will cruise at 100 mph and think nothing of it,,, as if its just loafing along. No problem what so ever. Or I can drive it to a easy 40 mpg. The engine pulls all the way to redline as if thats what it was born to do. DUH its a Honda. Yep thats what it was born to do. LMAO.

We are so over all impressed with our Accords total package that we wont trade it for anything but m a y b e the next gen Accord hybrid if they dont screw it up like they did the HCHII... IMO. If that Accord comes out with anything other than a k24 hybrid and rear drum brakes and a CVT we wont be getting one.

When I went to buy my Civic I wanted a HCHII. Then they said only CVT and rear drums. Scratch that car. Insight would have been a hands down winner but Honda wasnt going to develope it anymore. So the heck with it. I'll get a Si. Well mine came in but they wouldnt budge off MSRP. Wont pay MSRP for any car. So I ended up with the EX Sedan trimed my way. I was so impressed that a Accord LXse Sedan with a 5MT could have been bought but I dislike the 06 Accords make over. But in there lied that wonderful K-series engine. Was a hard choice.

I hope Honda uses the K in the Accord hybrid and keeps on developing the best 4 banger series ever made IMO.

psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tomauto Send a message via MSN to tomauto Send a message via Yahoo to tomauto
alright....

I do not know where I got the 27 a/f that would be extreme! 20:1 in the D16Y5 is as lean as a Honda engine can get. The article that did spured me to chime in was this one..but it was no 27:1 sorry for the confusion.

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/...conomy_tuning/
Beater: 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatback - Stripped - 30mpg

RIP: 1996 Honda Civic LX 42mpg - you will be missed

https://tomauto.smugmug.com/Cars
tomauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:30 PM   #14
*shrug*

Yay, I posted that article on here before, Anyway, I wonder how lean the new lean burn engines are...
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #15
Registered Member

Hmmm. In the OBDI training manual that Dax sent me it said that the D15Z1 would go up to 23:1 AFR.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 AM   #16
*shrug*

Better buy that vx in talahassee. You could sell those rims right off the bat, baddabing baddaboom.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:01 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Better buy that vx in talahassee. You could sell those rims right off the bat, baddabing baddaboom.
No word from the owner yet. Besides, KDA would be SOL.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:14 AM   #18
Registered Member

Mmmmm.... k-series.

I would love to build a k-swapped hatch some day. It would be nice to be able to drive conservatively during the weekdays and get great milage, then go to the track on the weekends and put down some good times. It's amazing the times people have been running with a stock engine. I mean, you could run 12 second 1/4 mile times for 200k miles. How nice would that be?

I just can't justify the cost of a k-series swap at this point though. I think I'll give it another 5 years and do the swap once the price of the components come down a bit.
LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #19
*shrug*

KDA is pretty SOL now unless I bump into some money somehow, no job for me at either of the places i've "interviewed."