Total Miles tracked reported wrong? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
Out of Fuel

Total Miles tracked reported wrong?

I checked my first log, 140445 miles, & my last log, 150060 miles, which comes to 9,615 miles. And yet the counter on my main page says that the Total Miles Tracked is on 7,832 miles.

Why is it off by 1,783 miles even though it has the correct miles? If Fuelly is bad with the simple math, how can anything it reports be trusted? I cannot find any setting that I have wrong that could explain this by a mistake I made but if anybody has any suggestions then I'm willing to look.

TexasGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

TexasGTA,

The only thing that I can think of is that you have a few partial fuel ups, so it's not taking those into account in the totaling.

I'm sure one the Fuelly team will be able to confirm that though.

Oliver.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:32 AM   #3
Site Team

OliverGT is correct. The miles for the missed fuel ups and partial fuel ups are not calculated in the miles tracked total.

I see mostly missed fuel ups checked when looking at your data.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
Out of Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
OliverGT is correct. The miles for the missed fuel ups and partial fuel ups are not calculated in the miles tracked total.

In other words.....Fuelly is crap for tracking mile totals. After all...The data is there. The data is input but Fuelly ignores it whel adding up miles. If it cannot do simply addition then there is no way it can be trusted to calculate miles per gallon since it needs to count the miles.

Fuelly is seriously messed up!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
Out of Fuel

Quote:

And wait...."MOSTLY missed fuel ups"? WTF were you even looking at you idiot?!?!?!?? You haven't got a single clue as to what your doing nor looking sat you friggin' idiot!!!!

33 fill-ups.....8 partials. Only 1/4 partials!! Bottom line....Miles are entered. Subtract old from new = total....THAT'S IT!!! It ain't friggin' rocket science you imbecile!!!

The miles from the missed are of no concern because the miles from the last subtracted from new is the same...miles minus miles. How hard is that? X-y=Z LastZ - FirstZ = TOTAL FRIGGIN' MILES!!!!!! SIMPLE!!!!!

You really are a moron! I've got some spare brain cells that I could do without & help you with. Then you MIGHT have the intelligence to and & subtract, if you have enough brain cells to start out with (with i doubt now).
Old 12-05-2016, 11:04 PM   #6
Registered Member

Fuelly works just fine for over 99% of users. Perhaps you should ask yourself if several million users are wrong, or if you're wrong, judging by your very rude attitude towards those trying to help, I would assume the latter.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:47 AM   #7
Registered Member

Ah, ask a question, get an answer, rant at those who bothered to help as well as a free internet site dedicated to tracking fuel mileage.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
Registered Member

I have similar results. I use the trip mileage to input my mileage. My total miles tracked have always been within one mile of my odometer. Sometime in January, my total miles tracked is now 266 miles more than my odometer.
Adding up the total trip miles from my fuel-ups equals my odometer. I've looked over the last several fuel-ups and the data is correct.
Thank you in advance for your input.
Wayne
2nottboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:25 AM   #9
Site Team

What is your last odometer reading?
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
What is your last odometer reading?
Wrangler: 23702 Since I use the trip odometer method, I put the actual odometer reading in the notes.

It seems to have started around the time I upgraded my computer OS. I use a MacBook. The new OS seems to have a plethora of issues. Fuelly doesn't work properly via Safari. I have to use a different browser to log into Fuelly.

Wayne

2nottboy is offline   Reply With Quote