an increase of 20mpg cost me... - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #21
Registered Member

I enjoy driving auto better, and the wife will NOT drive stick, and this is "our" car even though i drive it 99.9% of the time.

Also the EPA rating is the same in the city at 34 and only 1mpg better on the freeway for the stick at 40 to 39.

I'm just a lazy driver honestly.

chesspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #22
*shrug*

The epa estimates are tricky like that, just ask dan, with the stick getting a lower epa estimate but much higher lifetime pimpage.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #23
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesspirate
I enjoy driving auto better, and the wife will NOT drive stick, and this is "our" car even though i drive it 99.9% of the time.

Also the EPA rating is the same in the city at 34 and only 1mpg better on the freeway for the stick at 40 to 39.

I'm just a lazy driver honestly.
I'm also guessing that the automatic is CVT, so it's a much better situation mileage-wise for most drivers.

Oh, don't forget the gaslog!
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #24
Registered Member

i don't think it's CVT.

I have D, 3, 2, L..... sounds like 1-4 to me, and i can feel the shift points.

I think the CVT would only be available on a higher priced model
Old 06-13-2006, 12:57 AM   #25
Registered Member

haha that higher priced model is the prius, i can't afford a new one so i'm looking into used ones at the moment efficency without the work, I think its worth the price
Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #26
Registered Member

little update

just filled up thurs night. Over 39mpg!!! And i'm still not in mpg "mode".

The care is all stock from factory, I haven't touched a darn thing, and my driving style is still more about 'break-in' than mileage. And that's in mixed driving, using the A/C a little bit too. I'm getting really excited about the mileage potential with this thing as a base.

I also read somewhere that the Yaris has a CD of .29 can anyone veryify that??

I also saw a 'liftback' model at the dealer, way uglier than I expected, i really like my sedan.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #27
Registered Member

Great result chesspirate! Yup, I can definitely see myself getting an Echo or Yaris once they are down to $5k-$6k on the used market.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesspirate
just filled up thurs night. Over 39mpg!!! And i'm still not in mpg "mode".

The care is all stock from factory, I haven't touched a darn thing, and my driving style is still more about 'break-in' than mileage. And that's in mixed driving, using the A/C a little bit too. I'm getting really excited about the mileage potential with this thing as a base.

I also read somewhere that the Yaris has a CD of .29 can anyone veryify that??

I also saw a 'liftback' model at the dealer, way uglier than I expected, i really like my sedan.
The commercial for the Yaris kind of hooked me. I guess I'll have to wait 5-6 years and buy a used one. Put it in your garage so we can see how it does in real world driving. Congrats on the car. Got any pic's.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #29
Registered Member

Congrats on the Yaris!

I think Toyota has hit the nail on the head once again with the Yaris. They are marketing masters over there.

Ever since I saw the Yaris at last year's auto show I have been interested in them. I didn't get a chance to check them out up close so I need to get over to the dealership one of these days.

I'm definately interested in hearing what you like/dislike about it after driving it for a while, as well as the MPG it gets. Any pics?
LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #30
Registered Member

Chesspirate - you should start a Gaslog for the Yaris. We would all be interested to see more data. You'll appreciate it down the road too. I wish I had done this for all of my vehicles.