This is a common failure in gen 2 CRX's. The design of the climate control was stupid and the plastic would flex and crack. The climate control in my CRX was broken in half when I got it.
I thought the $100-$125 that an Ebay one cost was too much and tried to get a climate control out of a 95 (I think) Maxima to fit. It did fit well and looks fine in the car, but I had no idea how complicated the wiring is. If I'd had the wiring diagram for the Maxima it probably would have worked better, but without it I cannot recommend trying somthing like this. I tried reverse engineering the wiring, and I never got all the switches to be functional.