Noob mpg guy - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Country: United States
Noob mpg guy

Hi guys and gals I'm mike. 26 years of age and been building dsm beasts for the last 10 years. Well I've turned over a new leaf last oct. Sold the gas guzzelin dsms and bought a del sol with a d15b 3 stage vtec. The car was otherwise stock. It's the si model and still has the short geared trans and also has the stock obd2 p28 ecu. I have not checked to see if it's chipped or not put everything seems to work as advertised (38 mpg). My goal is to get a real good lean burn tune going I've used jackal to tune dsm via ostrich but thinking about going neptune. Well know that I've got that off my chest (phew) I just want to say I'm glad to be here.
__________________

Delsol_d15b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
 
theholycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,624
Country: United States
Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Re: Noob mpg guy

Welcome!
__________________

__________________
This sig may return, some day.
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Lean Burn Mode
 
pgfpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 401
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b View Post
Hi guys and gals I'm mike. 26 years of age and been building dsm beasts for the last 10 years. Well I've turned over a new leaf last oct. Sold the gas guzzelin dsms and bought a del sol with a d15b 3 stage vtec. The car was otherwise stock. It's the si model and still has the short geared trans and also has the stock obd2 p28 ecu. I have not checked to see if it's chipped or not put everything seems to work as advertised (38 mpg). My goal is to get a real good lean burn tune going I've used jackal to tune dsm via ostrich but thinking about going neptune. Well know that I've got that off my chest (phew) I just want to say I'm glad to be here.
Welcome to the site!!!

You have a great engine to start with.

I own a 91 AWD Eagle Talon running lean burn with ECM Link management (was running Jackel speed density)and a 93 Honda Del Sol running CROME PRO management with Moates Ostrich and a P28 ECU.

I was running Neptune on the Del Sol with a turbo-charged 1.6L SOHC Z6 ultra lean burn head but have recently installed that engine and Neptune system in my son's Honda.

Now my Del Sol has a N/A 1.5L SOHC engine. Still running CROME PRO.

When are you going to check to see if you have a socketed P28?
__________________
pgfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

As soon as I can I have sockets to install and I still have my ostrich 2.0. What would advise? Crome? Or Neptune I know there is free software for Crome but how tunable is it? I just hear alot of bad things about it. Socketing isn't a problem I've done many I just don't want to do things twice if I go to a demon.

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Delsol_d15b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
Lean Burn Mode
 
pgfpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 401
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b View Post
As soon as I can I have sockets to install and I still have my ostrich 2.0. What would advise? Crome? Or Neptune I know there is free software for Crome but how tunable is it? I just hear alot of bad things about it. Socketing isn't a problem I've done many I just don't want to do things twice if I go to a demon.

Thanks for the welcome guys!
I really like Neptune. I have never had issues with CROME but have also heard a ton of horror stories pertaining to it.

So if I had a choice I would always pick Neptune. The reason I went with CROME is its free and I currently have way to many management systems.
(Haltech,SDS,AEM,ECM Link,Autronic,CAT Systems,Hondata)etc...

Anyway Good Luck with your project!!!
__________________
pgfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

Thank you for the info. Question, do you happen to have a stock base map for the jdm d15b 3 stage vtec for Crome?
Delsol_d15b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Lean Burn Mode
 
pgfpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 401
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b View Post
Thank you for the info. Question, do you happen to have a stock base map for the jdm d15b 3 stage vtec for Crome?
Sorry i don't have one.
__________________
pgfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

Thanks any ways. It's not a EPROM p28. And it's not chipped.
Delsol_d15b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
Lean Burn Mode
 
pgfpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 401
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b View Post
Thanks any ways. It's not a EPROM p28. And it's not chipped.
Dang.

I will check to see in my ecu stock if I have any extra eprom-P28 ecus.
__________________
pgfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Country: United States
Re: Noob mpg guy

Please do and let me know how much you want for it.
__________________

Delsol_d15b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
google+ integration? xchrislee Fuelly Web Support and Community News 3 07-15-2011 02:55 AM
SMS Problem kernk Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 02-27-2011 10:36 PM
Tools you keep in the car? GasSavers_maximilian Experiments, Modifications and DIY 57 10-08-2009 09:41 PM
Aerodynamics improvement Greybrick General Fuel Topics 0 04-10-2008 08:14 AM
YAY! The fit is here! Matt Timion General Discussion (Off-Topic) 45 10-21-2006 02:43 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.