Picked up a new HF - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Picked up a new HF

Here are some pictures of the HF that I recently picked up. Since the pictures were taken I have already installed a new hood and put all four VX wheels on.

I am dropping it off at the body/paint shop this week for a full body restoration.

There were several A/C components missing that I still need to source but overall the car is in good condition. After the body work is done I am going to get four new tires and a new set of seats. I may also replace all the carpet as well.

Right now it has 245K on the clock and my first two tanks were right around 48mpg. I plan on doing a Vtec-e swap but I am not going to do the swap until this engine or transmission kicks the bucket. So in the mean time I am going to gather all the parts I need for the swap and rebuild the extra transmission that came with the car.

opelgt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

the title is a little misleading. I thought that honda was coming out with something new.

other than the hood, the car seems to be in good shape. once it is painted, it should look really good.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Matching wheels will probably help more than new paint, IMO.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Matching wheels will probably help more than new paint, IMO.
I've already put all four VX wheels on it. At the time I took the pictures I had only swapped the front two as there was a shake in the front end. The wheel/tire swap fixed the shake so it must have been a bad radial belt.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Registered Member

Just curious- would you share about how much it cost?
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

depending on the hood, I would just paint that or not paint any of it (if the hood is cabon fiber). the rest of the paint looks to be in pretty good shape.

maybe save a few bucks.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by opelgt73 View Post
I've already put all four VX wheels on it. At the time I took the pictures I had only swapped the front two as there was a shake in the front end. The wheel/tire swap fixed the shake so it must have been a bad radial belt.
D'oh! My attention span is broken or something...you posted that already and I forgot.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Just curious- would you share about how much it cost?
I paid $1800, he was asking $2200. Two years ago I think I may have overpaid but with the price of gas....... It does have high miles but it was maintained well and is unmolested. Except for the wheels and the stereo head unit, the car is completely stock.

Oh and except for one spot of rust the size of an eraser head, the car is rust free, which is rare in the midwest.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
Registered Member

Wow- that sounds like a good buy to me. I was guessing 2-2.5K
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
depending on the hood, I would just paint that or not paint any of it (if the hood is cabon fiber). the rest of the paint looks to be in pretty good shape.

maybe save a few bucks.
I could probably get by with just painting the hood but I am somewhat of a perfectionist and if I fix one thing I want to fix everything. It has a lot of little dings all over the body. I found a local guy, a one man show who has his own body shop/paint booth that charges very reasonable rates. I am taking it to him on Thursday to get an estimate, and if he comes in at a reasonable price I will just leave it there to get started on.

I figure while it is at his shop I can collect all the little misc pieces that need replacing off of eBay.