Better Mileage in a Range - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
 
unstable bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 158
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedrover View Post
I suppose all the soundproofing, navigation, ride comfort, offroad/snow ability, and image is worth nothing since it doesn't get 20 mpg. I think I'm gonna get like 5 prius' and tow them in my range while they're idling so I can get negative mileage.
Tutt Tutt! King Tutt! Can't take a little crackin' wise? You fired the first shot by being a Smarty Marty when Clencher suggested you look at the tips given to Hummer drivers for increased MPGs. But I can understand where you are coming from, especially about the "image" part. Tomorrow I'm gonna go see a man about hooking up my 'mouf with these:


Then maybe us gangstaz can go out "riding dirty" together.
__________________

__________________
unstable bob gable
AMERICAN ROAD WARRIOR!

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
 
trebuchet03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 812
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedrover View Post
I suppose all the soundproofing, navigation, ride comfort, offroad/snow ability, and image is worth nothing since it doesn't get 20 mpg.
We have a winner!

When you're asking how to increase fuel economy -- all of the things you just mentioned are worth nothing - except a hindrance on fuel economy.

It's a compromise. Fine, you don't drive a Prius (no worries) - but you want to decrease fuel consumption (GREAT!). So give up all that soundproofing (do you need the extra weight?)
throw the navigation out (weight + energy draw)
changes you make may compromise comfort
Off road/snow ability -- I'm sure that's not helping fuel economy. If you have knobby tires, change 'em. Take the snow chains out of your car (unless/until you need them) etc. etc.
When you're going for big improvements, aero improvements will be a big deal (Especially on a car like that) - so you're likely going to compromise "image" in the sense of what the masses like.

These guys are giving you advice -- search for "hummer" and you'll find tips for a larger car like the one you've described
__________________

__________________
Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.


Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
 
omgwtfbyobbq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,516
Country: United States
Whoa, check out the tax depreciation comparison at the Rover site.
In old communist USA, car pays taxes for YOU!

Shiz like this makes me never wanna work over the table again...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaTwo
I think if i could get that type of FE i would have no problem driving a dildo shaped car.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
 
omgwtfbyobbq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,516
Country: United States
Where's the jackass who is gonna point out that a Prius don't idle?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaTwo
I think if i could get that type of FE i would have no problem driving a dildo shaped car.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
 
VetteOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,546
Country: United States
just a question: where do you live that you need 4wd? how much snow/off road do you accauly do? have you ever had a car with M+S or just plain snow tires on it before and drove in the snow?(serious question not trying to be a smart one) also what job do you have that you need to set an image?
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
We have a winner!

When you're asking how to increase fuel economy -- all of the things you just mentioned are worth nothing - except a hindrance on fuel economy.

It's a compromise. Fine, you don't drive a Prius (no worries) - but you want to decrease fuel consumption (GREAT!). So give up all that soundproofing (do you need the extra weight?)
throw the navigation out (weight + energy draw)
changes you make may compromise comfort
Off road/snow ability -- I'm sure that's not helping fuel economy. If you have knobby tires, change 'em. Take the snow chains out of your car (unless/until you need them) etc. etc.
When you're going for big improvements, aero improvements will be a big deal (Especially on a car like that) - so you're likely going to compromise "image" in the sense of what the masses like.

These guys are giving you advice -- search for "hummer" and you'll find tips for a larger car like the one you've described
Wow......
pushycruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
 
unstable bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 158
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
Where's the jackass who is gonna point out that a Prius don't idle?
They don't?
__________________
unstable bob gable
AMERICAN ROAD WARRIOR!

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
just a question: where do you live that you need 4wd? how much snow/off road do you accauly do? have you ever had a car with M+S or just plain snow tires on it before and drove in the snow?(serious question not trying to be a smart one) also what job do you have that you need to set an image?
Omaha, so 4wd is necessary like 4 month of the year. The image has nothing to do with any job.
pushycruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob View Post
Tutt Tutt! King Tutt! Can't take a little crackin' wise? You fired the first shot by being a Smarty Marty when Clencher suggested you look at the tips given to Hummer drivers for increased MPGs. But I can understand where you are coming from, especially about the "image" part. Tomorrow I'm gonna go see a man about hooking up my 'mouf with these:


Then maybe us gangstaz can go out "riding dirty" together.
ur dumb
pushycruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
 
omgwtfbyobbq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,516
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedrover View Post
Omaha, so 4wd is necessary like 4 month of the year. The image has nothing to do with any job.
4wd Toyota Tercel Wagon with a diesel pef!
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaTwo
I think if i could get that type of FE i would have no problem driving a dildo shaped car.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuelly Android App - eehokie Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 07-14-2010 09:59 PM
Fuelly for Maintenance? brandonrossl Fuelly Web Support and Community News 11 01-05-2009 04:09 AM
drivetrain resistance bagpipe goatee General Fuel Topics 9 09-14-2008 10:04 PM
Feature Request: City vs Highway jethrographic Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 08-08-2008 10:43 AM
"active" aero grille slats on 06 civic concept MetroMPG General Fuel Topics 21 01-03-2006 01:02 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.