I hate my Civic - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #51
Supporting Member
 
lovemysan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 595
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96hb View Post
Perhaps your expectations are too far out of whack? You claim to consistently get high 40's low 50's mpg. What more do you want? You are already well above what the car is supposed to do. Be grateful, or get rid of it and buy a manual tranny. That is all. The whining is getting to be a bit much.
He wants consistency! Honda reliability and honda fit and finish. Honda price should equal honda quality. He has a right to feel ripped off because in a few ways he has been. Honda's transmission issues run deeper than you think. Civics are not immune. More than half there product line gets the black dot for transmission from consumer reports 2000-2004.

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread....ission+failure
__________________

__________________
02 Saturn SL
5 speed
for pics click the link below

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #52
Registered Member
 
ma4t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 175
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
He wants consistency! Honda reliability and honda fit and finish. Honda price should equal honda quality. He has a right to feel ripped off because in a few ways he has been. Honda's transmission issues run deeper than you think. Civics are not immune. More than half there product line gets the black dot for transmission from consumer reports 2000-2004.

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread....ission+failure
That's more than reasonable. If our TSX were giving us the same trouble, after what we're paying, I'd be steaming mad. I guess we got lucky.

m
__________________

__________________
ma4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #53
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 447
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
I guess my beef with honda is you pay honda price you should get honda reliability, not orphaned transmissions.

We always drove what we could get cheap and we fixed them as they broke. I say some american cars are bargains. Like the saturn S-series.
The manuals are always batter, I know it sucks, but even lowly accord auto trannies sucked...
__________________
slurp812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #54
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,978
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma4t View Post
That's more than reasonable. If our TSX were giving us the same trouble, after what we're paying, I'd be steaming mad. I guess we got lucky.

m
Same here -- the only trouble has been a sticking sunroof (IIRC around 25K miles so far). A big selling point was the 4-cylinder (had to have the 5-speed auto for the auto-only driver in the house )

I've had fewer problems with Honda/Acura than each of Chevy, Olds, Pontiac, Plymouth, Nissan, and Mitsubishi. So far, we've had 5 Honda/Acuras with minimal problems. They've earned our trust with 4-cylinder vehicles. If I bought a new Civic and had several warranty issues, the disconnect between the past experience and present would sure be an unpleasant surprise.

RH77
__________________
rh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:49 AM   #55
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 77
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
Have you driven a 8th gen Civic yet? Have you bought a Honda and the list of warranty issues Ive had? Have you even pushed your current ride or any other car as hard as Ive pushed this one? Have you not noticed what I do like about the car? I think you need to go to another thread! Fanboy

psy

Nope. Don't like the 8th gen. Got a 6th gen myself and everything is lovely with it. Looks good, killer mileage, and if/when I decide to throw FE out the window, I can slap on a turbo kit, get it tuned, and run 12's. Honda engineering....it's a beautiful thing!
__________________
96hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #56
Supporting Member
 
lovemysan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 595
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96hb View Post
Nope. Don't like the 8th gen. Got a 6th gen myself and everything is lovely with it. Looks good, killer mileage, and if/when I decide to throw FE out the window, I can slap on a turbo kit, get it tuned, and run 12's. Honda engineering....it's a beautiful thing!
Unfortunately it ain't what it used to be. 6th gen civic is a great car but they don't make them anymore. My brothers 93 civic ex had seats made from recycled card board(my only complaint). Its a cruel world out there and detroit gets better everyday. The vast majority of the masses drive automatic cars and honda's not going to last by selling paper mache transmissions.
__________________
02 Saturn SL
5 speed
for pics click the link below

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #57
Supporting Member
 
lovemysan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 595
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteOwner View Post
lol i know the 2.2L will last forever! i have 137,000 on my 95 s-10 with a 2.2L and i have done absolutely nothing to it. only thing was starter but those can go out on anyhting all ive done to my truck for the past 3 years was regular oil changes. started up in -20*F weather starts up now in 90+*F humid weather.

lots of people in a forum for s-series i belong to have 100K trouble free miles, alot have over 200K miles and a few even have 300K with mostly basic maintinince.
Way back in 02 I could have bought an 01 2.2 with 8k miles for $450. I didn't and I'm glad, what would I have needed it for.
__________________
02 Saturn SL
5 speed
for pics click the link below

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #58
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 77
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
Unfortunately it ain't what it used to be. 6th gen civic is a great car but they don't make them anymore. My brothers 93 civic ex had seats made from recycled card board(my only complaint). Its a cruel world out there and detroit gets better everyday. The vast majority of the masses drive automatic cars and honda's not going to last by selling paper mache transmissions.

Well of course they don't make them anymore, that's why you go buy a used one. Great car and no car payments FTW!
__________________
96hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #59
Registered Member
 
VetteOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,546
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
Way back in 02 I could have bought an 01 2.2 with 8k miles for $450. I didn't and I'm glad, what would I have needed it for.

its come in quiet handy. i get 26 mpg (prolly nore now just "fixed" a leaky/malfunctioning egr valve and my mpg has shot up. 304 miles and still between 1/2 and 3/4 ) but the 98+ ones (gm made a head change and cam change that increased the mpg by about 5mpg or so yet kept the same power) people have seen anywhere from 30-38 mpg on interstate and im sure they werent even trying besides goign about 65-70mph damn good for a pickup i might say

i do use mine tho. i have to haul/tow a trailer full of lawnmowing stuff
__________________

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new link for Mobile after submit Pontiac Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 02-07-2009 05:48 AM
Concentrating photovoltaics advancements ... cfg83 General Discussion (Off-Topic) 4 03-01-2007 07:24 AM
Just got my '95 VX whychug Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome 7 01-30-2007 07:24 AM
Short trips takes its toll on FE onegammyleg General Discussion (Off-Topic) 9 10-24-2006 11:36 PM
The Honda Fit GasSavers_DaX General Fuel Topics 54 05-13-2006 01:52 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.