Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 111 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #1101
Registered Member

Ah, OK, I thought the reference was about driving done at different elevations, not ascending or descending to or from different elevations.

All else being equal, driving done AT higher elevations should yield better FE.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #1102
FE nut

Ah, you were saying pot-A-to and I was saying pot-AH-to.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #1103
FE nut

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I have an engine block heater on order. It ships tomorrow and should be here by the weekend. It seems that they don't stock them until around the end of October.
The reason for the first leg being so low is that I coast in neutral without killing the engine so it will warm up. I found that with my temporary ride, in temps a bit higher than they are now, that if I did the EOC thing that my engine would not reach full operating temp even after going all the way to my work. Hopefully, after this week, I won't have to worry about that low first-leg mileage.
I just received a notice that my EBH should arrive at my house this Friday. I think I know what I'll be doing Friday night.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #1104
Registered Member

Running errands today: 86.9 mpg (US) round trip. That's with 45 min EBH, de-belted alternator (= 5-10 percent boost), CODfishing, some P&G ... the usual stuff.

AND....I'm at a significant odometer threshold: 10,000 km! (about 6k miles). It's parked at 9998.x

It's colder out these days, and man, you can feel the increased rolling resistance. (Granted, I haven't actually added air to the tires since the temps dropped... will do that before my next drive.)
Old 10-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #1105
Registered Member

37.5 on trip to work. might have made 38 but security guard was a lil slow rasing the gate and had to almost come to a complete stop.

39 on trip home. made the light at top of road at work and one 2 miles down, caught the one by my house and shut down till turned red.

I've found on my car i can shut off and turn key back on and my scanguage still keep the current trip info there.

these work trips are 5 miles in lenth and car take 2 mile to get warmed up (170+)

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #1106
Registered Member

Hey Mike - don't forget to fill in your garage info (about your car) so at least we can see what you're driving. (I always forget what cars people have.)

Go here: http://www.gassavers.org/garage/add
Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #1107
Registered Member

I did fill in my cars info in my garage. maybe it doesn't show till i make an entry into the gas log or is there soemthing i'm forgetting to do? I named my car "lil silver"

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #1108
FE nut

It was just a bit above 30 this morning and I had a bit of frost when I started out. I ended up with 32.3 on the trip to my wife's work. From there to my shop I ended up with 56.7. This afternoon the temps got to around 45 so my trip back to pick up my wife was good for 63.6 even though I had some crosswinds(I was going north and the winds were from the west) that were around 15-20 sustained with gusts to around 35. The trip home from her shop was 52.6. I would hate to see what the FE would be without P&G.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 10-13-2006, 12:29 PM   #1109
Supporting Member

Hello -

Personal best today on the way to work. Here's the info :

Route : 10 West -> 710 South -> 105 West -> 405 South -> Exit Freeway
Miles : 29
MPG : 48.5
Net Elevation change : ~210 feet drop
Weather : 70 degrees, cloudy, rain in the air (~53% Humidity)

My previous best ever was about 45 MPG right after a tune-up and with new Denso Iridium sparkplugs in the summer. Since this is a net elevation drop, this is always my best route for MPG.

I think the big difference was using Pulse and Glide (the mild kind with engine idling). The traffic pushed me to go faster than I wanted to, so maybe my RPMs were closer to my engine's sweet spot.

CarloSW2

EDIT :

Personal best today on the way HOME from work. Here's the info :

Route : 105 East -> 710 North -> 10 East -> exit freeway -> North on Rosemead
Miles : 35.6
MPG : 38.2
Net Elevation change : ~788 feet up (+210 on freeway, +578 on streets)
Weather : 60 degrees, slightly rainy, (~80% Humidity)

I think me previous best was at or below 37 MPG. It is probably either the Pulse and Glide or the change in the weather. Time will tell.

The distance is greater going home because on the way home I count the streets because it's more of a challenge to preserve the MPG I have when I leave the freeway.

When I exited the freeway, I had about 42 MPG (best ever). Rosemead is very well tuned in terms of lights. When my wife first told me this, I didn't believe her, but she was dead on. This was not a clean run on the freeway or the streets. Therefore, with a really good run, I think I could roll into the driveway at 40 MPG.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #1110
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83
Hello -

Personal best today on the way to work. Here's the info :

Route : 10 West -> 710 South -> 105 West -> 405 South -> Exit Freeway
Miles : 29
MPG : 48.5
Net Elevation change : ~210 feet drop
Weather : 70 degrees, cloudy, rain in the air (~53% Humidity)

My previous best ever was about 45 MPG right after a tune-up and with new Denso Iridium sparkplugs in the summer. Since this is a net elevation drop, this is always my best route for MPG.

I think the big difference was using Pulse and Glide (the mild kind with engine idling). The traffic pushed me to go faster than I wanted to, so maybe my RPMs were closer to my engine's sweet spot.

CarloSW2
you work in the Torrance/Carson area???

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote