Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2006, 07:37 AM   #191
Registered Member

Re: Quote:You can change the

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Quote:
You can change the fuel parameter on any version of the SuperMID. The fuel parameter is used to calculate the fuel used and the FE. What you cannot change is the constant that is used to calculate the instantaneous FE. That is fixed in all versions and requires a code change.
Yay, I understand, wanna help me figure out how to change it so I can run cx 190cc injectors? If I can I have my current injectors sold, which will pay for my integra cluster, which I need for the electronic vss, which I need for the MID.
Yoshi just copied me on his response to your email. Just use the 14005 number that he said. But here is the funny part. Your instantaneous will be off again, and in fact, the original code would have given you a good instantaneous reading on 190cc injectors.

So here is the plan. You send me the updated chip and I will send you my original chip. That will solve both of our problems. Save the other updated chip for someone else who needs a SuperMID for Honda 240cc injectors.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:39 AM   #192
Registered Member

Re: Quote:You can change the

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Yay, I understand, wanna help me figure out how to change it so I can run cx 190cc injectors?
Didn't Matt say that the CX injectors were 240cc? I remember a discussion about that. In that case, no need to change the fuel parameter or swap chips.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #193
*shrug*

Okay, that's perfectly fine

Okay, that's perfectly fine since the instantaneous isn't working at the moment, so I won't be missing anything. I'll send your chip and an ecu chip tomorrow when I send out some sensors and chips and suchness. I'm glad it'll work out though, I'm kinda in need of that cluster,

Too much going on at once.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #194
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
shoot

I have strayed - today I had a friend pay for my gas as I have been checking his drydocked boat all winter and driving him around for the past few days to get his boats in order and I filled it to spilling on the ground with SHELL - what was I thinking! Anyway will see how it burns when the rain stops but for now it seems to get me a little less mpg. I also wound out second gear to about 6000rpm with the pedal to the floor . . . goes pretty good! Seems the ScanGauge doesn't keep up with the analog tach?? Also the ScanGauge fuel used current tank was a bit different that actual again so I adjusted it back to 9% from 8.l%
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #195
Registered Member

Filled up early with 93

Filled up early with 93 octane to see if I can keep the WAI. 34.7 MPG on 4.5 gal. I'm pretty happy with this tank, my mph avg was 27 which is quite a bit lower than usual. It included lot of city driving and a day my wife drove it, which is a FE killer..
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #196
Registered Member

smash some records on the

smash some records on the way to school and back! No one was behind me all this time whoo!

I will post my stats to school today and to home: (all data thanks to scangauge)

4.2 LPK (55.3 MPG US)
.4 L consumed (.1 Gallons)
8.7 KM drive (5.4 miles)
2654 RPM MAX
.2 hour drive (12 minutes)
55 km/h MAX speed (34 mph)
33 km/h AVERAGE speed (20 mph)

4 stop signs
9 turns
9 traffic lights
made it through 7 out of 9
2 1st gear starting out.
6 engine off attempts
5 bump starts
1 key start (because i messed up a bump start, no momentum left = no bumping)

now going home i took a different route home that allowed me to travel more downhills

4.1 LPK (56.6 MPG)
.4 L consumed (.1 gallons)
8.5 KM distance (5.3 miles)
2597 RPM MAX
.2 h drive (12 minutes)
30 mph (63 km/h) max
20 mph (32 km/h) average

4 turns
1 stop sign
9 lights
6 out of 9 lights making it through without stopping
3 1st gear starts
5 engine off attempts
3 bump starts
2 key starts

man if only i was mechanically challeneged.......... BLEHHHHHHHHH but before my trip i did check my pressures and adjusted them for 61 front and 59 rear. Maybe the front bias gave me the edge who knows :O

60 mpg here i come!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #197
Registered Member

WAAAAA

WAAAA My left rear had 30psi in it the others are 37.6-36.5psi looks like I have a leak at 4325 miles WAAAAA! Pumped them back up to 38.0 front and 37.5 rear - wondered why my mileage was dropping a little and the ride seems softer.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #198
Registered Member

38 is kinda low. I have mine

38 is kinda low. I have mine at 55psi and my mpg just keeps improving. I now get mixed driving what my EPA highway number is.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #199
Registered Member

I to smashed my personal

I to smashed my personal best by 1.5 MPG today on my commute 39.8 MPG. Must be something in the air. I can't credit it all to the new WAI for I'm still dealing with the timing issues.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #200
Registered Member

Quote:38 is kinda low. I

Quote:
38 is kinda low. I have mine at 55psi
I have a really stiff suspension and I don't think I want to ride on that hard of a tire - they were at 42 when I got it new - but I will see what happens when I increase them and lower them when I next check the left rear tire for a leak. I may have a nail in it they are replacing the slate roof next door.