Slightly OT... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question Slightly OT...

Hey...want to hear a "funny" little story? :-)

I happened to be browsing Ebay a couple days ago and saw and ad that had a very familiar looking car in the gallery...my car. It seems that someone stole the image of my car from the garage here on GS to use to sell the little wiper motors for the front of a mercedes 190...notice the nice little watermark.

Here is the ad link for item # 150217200539 by seller "visavi":

<< http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32 >>

I have invited him to send me a PM on either GS or 190revolution. He didn't steal a pic from there (not sure, many more pics available) instead he decided to steal a members writeup on replacing the motors...(shrug) Here is the link for the writeup...2phast is a longtime member there... <<http://www.2phast.com/190E/headlight.htm>>

So far...no response either through Ebay, GS or 190rev...anybody know who this seller is??

McIntyre's First Law: "Under the right circumstances, anything I tell you may be wrong."

O'Brien's First Corollary to McIntyre's First Law: "I don't know what the right circumstances are, either."

rvanengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

Heard on 190rev that he goes by the name sev and was banned a while back for such shady things. ;-)

McIntyre's First Law: "Under the right circumstances, anything I tell you may be wrong."

O'Brien's First Corollary to McIntyre's First Law: "I don't know what the right circumstances are, either."

Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 AM   #3
VX trainee

Hmmm....maybe an admin guy from GS ought to drop him a note on eBay and ask who gave him permission to use the pics? Or drop a note to eBay, and they'll probably pull the listing....they don't like unauthorized pics.
4bfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
Registered Member

Not sure it is worth that effort to me...this is more of a "peeved" in a funny sorta way kinda thing to me...although, if GS wants to keep some control over their content, they might want to drop Ebay a note and get setup with the VERO program.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
VX trainee

Yeah, maybe I'm being too hard-nosed on this....it is advertising the site, after all....
4bfox is offline   Reply With Quote