Value of 94 VX? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho VX View Post
I think that price is OK as long as the car has zero issues.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #12
Registered Member

Thank you all for your opinions. I regrettably decided to pass on the car, not because of the car, but my own financial situation just went south at the last minute (girlfriend lost her job).

I would really like a VX soon, but I guess I'll be holding onto my CRX until my girlfriend gets another job.

Here's the link to the car for anyone who's interested: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/525318299.html

While on the subject of pricing, what do you think my 88 HF is worth? It's stock with 198k miles, lukewarm A/C, and the original white paint isn't very pretty. Oh and the glovebox is broken too. It's been well maintained with a folder full of records however (dating back to '92).

roadsterbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:36 AM   #13

Kelley Blue Book says $725-1330. (Put in 5-speed manual, A/C) $725 fair, 1,030 good, $1,330 excellent.

The "no rust" part would be a definite plus. Personally I'd love to obtain such a vehicle (I'm looking for an HF, '88 is a great year as it's the first year of the 2nd generation, weighs the least of the HF 2nd gen body style) - hard to find one in daily driver condition with no rust.

It would likely cost me as much to ship it out from CA to WV as I'd pay for the vehicle though, which is a definite downside.

Good maintenance records are a definite plus. So I'd use that as a starting point.

The closest HF to me that I can find is from a dealer (you pay more from a dealer) is listed at $4,448. KBB says $2435 (less miles, one year newer, dealer price). Additional features are: Full Wraparound Bodyside Mldgs, Front Chin Spoiler, Fully-Integrated Front Air Dam, 2.5-Mph Impact Absorbing Bumper, Tinted Glass.

So YMMV. The dealer's asking double, basically, for mods that are not likely worth that much. Then again - the dealer's not sold their HF now, have they?

The other HF I can find from a dealer is $2495, doesn't look like anything special, looks like paint is good all around. Has a few less miles, it's a 1991, it's priced below KBB for retail. It's in CA, btw.