We're saving on gas... - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #71
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
I still don't understand that in the month since you started this thread, you have yet to add your vehicle(s) and gas log. I'm sure you have driven in a month's time and could have posted what type of mileage you're getting. We could then compare it to the EPA numbers and see what type of increase you're talking about. I'm just curious to see what your mileage is like vs stock numbers. I think this would get alot of people here off your back and offer a bit of legitimacy.
__________________

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #72
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,111
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8307c4 View Post
As was already pointed out, you MAY be able to ship some of this product free of charge to a FEW members who MIGHT be willing to test it for you.
Maybe, if you ask nicely.
I can do it...

But we might want to wait and see if people like way I do the results in my first round of testing.
__________________

__________________
- Kyle
dkjones96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #73
Registered Member
 
1993CivicVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,066
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
So if this fuel additive increases your gas mileage @ $.16 a gallon...

Why not just put 93 octane in the tank at your next fillup?

93 still produces better mileage than 87 right?
93 produces better emissions and worse gas mileage. The fuel burns faster and cleaner.
__________________
three stripes the charm!

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.



Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #74
Registered Member
 
1993CivicVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,066
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjones96 View Post
I can do it...

But we might want to wait and see if people like [the] way I do the results in my first round of testing.
You are going to purchase the product? I just read this whole thread. This is a great thread. Lots of intelligent banter back and forth. The lady really sticks to her guns, she's played all her MLM cards, though, and isn't willing to play cards outside of the MLM arsenal (as in, put up your garage already! I, too, am now curious if there is really to be a savings in fuel.)

Lady in the green: it's this simple: if your product is really as good as you claim, and if your down line is really as big as you say it is, and if you have as much confidence in the product as you profess to have, then it is in your best interest to setup sending a free trial of the product to people on this site to test it. Because once you get people to test it and they see the drastic savings, then everyone on this site will be using the product and your down line will have exploded. Because everyone here has a keen interest in any sound methods to saving fuel.

I'd be very curious to see what kind of mileage you are getting. Please start a garage. Aren't you at all curious to your own mileage?
__________________
three stripes the charm!

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.



Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 261
Country: United States
Location: The slums of Beverly Hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
The fuel burns faster and cleaner.
No. The higher the octane, the slower it burns. Slower burn allows for more advanced timing and therefore more torque.
dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #76
Registered Member
 
Snax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 758
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
Lady in the green: it's this simple: if your product is really as good as you claim, and if your down line is really as big as you say it is, and if you have as much confidence in the product as you profess to have, then it is in your best interest to setup sending a free trial of the product to people on this site to test it. Because once you get people to test it and they see the drastic savings, then everyone on this site will be using the product and your down line will have exploded. Because everyone here has a keen interest in any sound methods to saving fuel.

I'd be very curious to see what kind of mileage you are getting. Please start a garage. Aren't you at all curious to your own mileage?
Exactly. See, there's this little thing called an ego that 99% of the population has. And nobody, as a result of their ego, however humble it may be, ever wants to admit to making a bad purchase. Sometimes they do, but usually they will simply lie about it, lacking any other recourse to fix it. Letting somebody try out something for free however releases their ego to be honest. Let's see an honest review from somebody who has been on this board for more than a few weeks then ok?
__________________
LiberalImage.com

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #77
Registered Member
 
rgathright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 189
Country: United States
Straight from a veteran oil chemist:
Quote:
Tell them that BTUs are not a way to measure the worth of gasoline. Lead has negative BTU, but it increases the Octane rating. The infamous MTBE is an alcohol, but it increases the Octane rating. The Ethanol barely holds its own and it is also an alcohol. The alcohols are not very high on BTUs, but they do manage to help burn off the gasoline in the piston so that the vehicle isn't sending unburned gasoline out the tailpipe. A properly tuned engine may do the same thing. The lead helped to give a longer burn of the ignited gasoline increasing the stroke of the piston.

It is true that our raw gasoline has a direct correlation with BTU and Octane, but the type of molecule also plays a part in how it works inside the piston.
rgathright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #78
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5
Country: United States
Saving Gas?

OK Ms faith based business. The bottom line is you are promoting a product which you are selling and so are biased. What these guys want is empirical data. They made it simple enough for you, jump out on faith, put your car in the "garage" and maybe supply a free bottle of the product to one or two senior members on the site.

This is a small investment to advance your business, if you cannot do these things then go sell your snake oil elsewhere; this is a no spam zone.

I hope I cleared up any for you.

Time is money and you have wasted more than one or two bottles worth of product in time $$ trying to convince these guys with your words.

Pony up!
steve_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #79
Registered Member
 
LincolnW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 108
Country: United States
Location: Portland, OR
I love the responses that are so typical MLM. It's been a while since I've been approached by an MLM but it's interesting that they all say pretty much the same thing.

Most MLM people that spam a board like this will take off when you call them out because they can't prove what they are claiming.
LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #80
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
Country: United States
@faith

haha My first post.....

Anyway I just found this site and a little background I drive a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville and get an average of 27 MPG in my daily commute. Worst ever was 24 best 32 mpg.

Currently I drive 55 miles one way to work therefore I spend about $4,000 annually on gas. I am getting married in 12 days and she will be working 20 miles the opposite direction and so I need to cut the cost.

Anyway if this stuff actually works and saves people money I will be purchasing some. My current budget does not allow for much more than a potato and a biscuit for lunch and dinner so I can't afford to test any now.

If I were to see empirical Data that senior well posted member here were able to save money by spending less on fuel using the product that you are pushing I will purchase some.


Thanks
SteveO
__________________

steveosupremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matching EPA Type to My Car DastardlyDan Fuelly Web Support and Community News 2 10-26-2009 07:16 AM
Hydrogen or H2O Systems 1Jal1 General Fuel Topics 4 10-11-2008 02:20 AM
Any guides for ev bike conversion Sillst People Powered 2 11-25-2007 03:06 PM
Tyre Pressure is So Very Important! SVOboy General Fuel Topics 2 07-31-2006 07:58 AM
An American Perspective on Driving in Canada rh77 General Discussion (Off-Topic) 28 03-24-2006 10:42 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.