I'm like REALLY confused - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-31-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm like REALLY confused

Okay, so I was watching TV a little while ago and I noticed on my kitchen's clocks that it was 12:49am. So I come back into my bedroom where my computer is and my computer's clock says it's 12:49am. Keep in mind that every single clock of any kind at my house is RIGHT on (wall clocks, microwave clock, cell phone time, computer clock, etc.)

THEN I surf the net for a while and I get lost in time for a while, forgetting what I was doing. A while later, I just so happen to glance down and my computer's clock says it's 3:02am. I was like "holy s***, I didn't think I was on there that long! I need to get to bed now so I can wake up early!" So then I hurry my arse off and get ready for the night, only to go back into the kitchen and two clocks out there say it's 2:05am. Then I was totally lost, so I came back and looked at my PC thinking I initially read the clock wrong, nope I read it right and it said 3:05am. So then I went and got my cell phone to see what that clock said, and it said 3:05am.

Now I am actually confused as to what the REAL time is! Like I said, EVERY clock/time-keeping device in my house is RIGHT ON. But now my computer and my cell phone both advanced one hour, which is just too coincidently awkward, meanwhile the clocks in my kitchen are an hour before my PC clock and cell phone clock.

What's going on? This is weird, I don't know what the time actually is! Right now my computer says it's 3:17am but the kitchen clocks say it's 2:17am. It is impossible for two clocks to randomly change to the same time, which happens to be an hour ahead, when it's not even neccisary.

Without further delay, what the hell is going on!?
I swear I'm not drunk!!

andrmtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
Driving on E

daylight savings. The US Gov't decided to advance daylight savings this year by three weeks. You adjusted all of your clocks, but it looks like your cellphone company and microsoft didn't make the adjustment.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
Supporting Member

April Fool!

Looks like somebody's PC didn't get the DST 2007 update. Without this update, a Windows XP SP2 PC won't know which day to spring forward an hour, and fall back an hour.

If you didn't get this update, your PC will incorrectly roll back an hour the last Sunday of October. You'll then have to roll back your PC clock an hour on the first Sunday of November when Daylight Savings Time ends.

My PC got this update through Automatic Updates back in early March. No problemo for me.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/
davidjh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #4
Registered Member

To funny. Got thrown into a tail spin over a hour...
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #5
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
daylight savings. The US Gov't decided to advance daylight savings this year by three weeks. You adjusted all of your clocks, but it looks like your cellphone company and microsoft didn't make the adjustment.
My son's TungstenE had this problem this morning. He had the auto-off disabled for something and the thing turned on at 2:00am with a reminder and drained a bunch of his battery by the time he found it. It would have been clear dead if he hadn't had it plugged into his computer's USB port.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote