Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #71
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Just out of interest, why not just use the Fuelly website to add fuel ups? That's what I've been doing for the past 6 years with no issues at all.
My reason is that I have never done it that way. The only reason I am with Fuelly is because of their purchase of Gas Cubby. I am sure Fuelly is great if that is where you started and is what you are used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim
I've been using Gas Cubby for close to 6 years, one of the first iPhone app I purchased, I'll continue to use it until it stops working on my iPhone, F-ups my data or turns into a buggy app like GasTracker currently is.
That's my point. It was not working on my phone as it previously had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrewster
Ditto. While I agree (speaking as a developer myself) that this update has taken WAY to long, the simple fact is that GasCubby still works just as well as it did when I got it, which means it still does what I want it to do. Why would I go through the trouble of switching? This update will arrive eventually, at which point GasCubby will be even better (hopefully ). Until then, I'll continue happily using this product as long as it continues working.
Again, mine had quit working correctly and I wanted a fix. It has been 9 months waiting for the update and I finally got impatient. I can't help thinking that Fuelly wants everyone to abandon GC and move to their platform? If that is what is going on, they should just say so.

I still have the GC app on my phone, and if the update ever comes out will look at it. In the mean time, working with the developer of my new app has been nothing short of A+++ customer service. It is going to be pretty difficult to pry me away from that kind of attention.

Just reporting what I am finding folks. Kudo's to the Fuelly mods for leaving my post(s) up. I will take a look at what you come up with for GC when I see it show up in my app store updates.

mbkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:05 AM   #72
Registered Member

Now that iOS 9 is out, we've introduced new issues. Gas Cubby v2 freezes most times I use the app on my iPhone 5s. I can typically enter my data, but it won't let me exit the app. I either need to hit the home button repeatedly for several seconds, let the app crash, or even restart my phone to get out.

Will a v2 update be released for iOS 9 compatibility, or do we just have to keep waiting for v3?

snitgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:06 AM   #73
Registered Member

Dang, reading this thread is depressing. I've used Gas Cubby for several years, but this is my first time on the forum. I just restored my phone (6+) which also updated it to iOS 9. The app has worked fine for me the last few years, but now that I'm trying to get my data back into the app, it's a complete fail. I backed up the data to Gas Cubby before restoring, but like so many others stated, the sync is worthless. Unfortunately I didn't export to CSV before restoring. I have the SQL file, but can't import it to the app via iExplorer, as explained here. http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/sql...ons-16945.html . I've gotta say, it's been WAY too long since this app had an update. I realize they're working on it, but geez. I'm pretty frustrated right now.
Wingdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #74
Registered Member

Gas Cubby sync is broken with ios 9

My wife and I both have iPhone 5's that we have updated to ios 9. Today we put fuel in the car and made a Gas Cubby entry on my iPhone, but we cannot get the entry to sync to her iPhone. We not only tried quitting the app on both iPhones, we even rebooted both phones, to no avail.

When we press sync on either phone, the app appears to sync but the process takes only about 1 second. We don't get any kind of error message. Her phone just doesn't update.
matrixbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #75
Registered Member

Same problem here as matrixbud
Vyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #76
Registered Member

Developer Love

Is GasCubby dead? Are we ever going to merge it into Fuelly? What's the status of this? Seems like we are letting it die a slow painful death. If there was an easy way to export my data and get it into Fuelly then I would do that. That is if Fuelly is continuing to be supported. Or are there the same development resource issues with that app as well?
mdusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #77
Registered Member

Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdusing View Post
Is GasCubby dead? Are we ever going to merge it into Fuelly? What's the status of this? Seems like we are letting it die a slow painful death. If there was an easy way to export my data and get it into Fuelly then I would do that. That is if Fuelly is continuing to be supported. Or are there the same development resource issues with that app as well?
You guys were talking about updating to v3 almost a year ago. I've been using this app for over six years and would like a good update or a way to export all of my data into gas tracker as long as gas tracker can support vehicle service logs as well. I've put all of my services into gas cubby and would hate to lose it all or have to manually enter over 300 logs into gas tracker...

Please guys update us!!! Just like this user I want to know what's going on!....
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #78
Registered Member

I too, have been a GC user for over 5 years now, and have become accustomed to what we are currently using, for better or worse. It might be time to start looking for a new home for our data.

Since Fuelly has given up on Gas Cubby (my interpretation), we may have to migrate to another app, has anyone had luck using comparable products?
You can export all of your data from the app and save it as a csv file, then import it into another app. Not all allow this, and the formatting may be different, but lets see what is out there...
Freestuff1539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #79
Registered Member

We have not "given up" on Gas Cubby by any means.

Lately we've been focusing our efforts on squashing the various bugs being reported to us for GasTracker's latest update. We're addressing those because GasCubby is essentially the same (with added sync function to Fuelly).
By doing it this way, when we do release GasCubby, there will ultimately be less for us to 'fix' as far as the common bug reports since we're already making the necessary changes based on GasTracker's feedback.

PS- Any posts promoting a competitor app will be removed at our discretion.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:07 PM   #80
Registered Member

Well RobertV the new update is taking FOREVER and it still will take considering state of GasTracker app. Your deadlines are past due without new deadlines and on top of that there is silence here from Fuelly team. As you can see there are lot of your users not really happy for long time. I know you have lot of work (at least i hope so) and 1 post every week about "we are doing this and this and finishing this and next week doing this and this sorry for delay" take around 1min to write.

So only option is to look for alternative. I didn't want to post about your competition for last xy users searching for it because i hoped you put some answer here (...well) and i know it is not cool to post that but since no one answering i tried that. Sorry wont happen again

t0panka is offline   Reply With Quote