FE Team Challenge -- Scoring Poll - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: In the FE Team Challenge, how should the 3-gallon mimimum rule be handled?
Take the Average of 4 team members -- the Team Captain chooses whose data to drop for the month 4 30.77%
3 Members' data are included: Automatically, using Max/Min number of gallons used 2 15.38%
Leave the Rule, Penalize the Driver (NOTE: if you choose this option, please provide some reasoning) 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 04:29 AM   #31
Team OPEC Busters!

Ya if it were 42 days I could hit 1000+ mile tanks

I am easy either 28 or 42, I will just keep driving slow

GasSavers_Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #32
Registered Member

I'm fine with whatever the group decides, but I'd choose the longer cycle.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 AM   #33
Registered Member

I chose the first choice: Take the Average of 4 team members -- the Team Captain chooses whose data to drop for the month. (except I think the vehicle that didn't make the 3 gallon fill should be dropped, not the TC choosing).

Edit: 42 days ?? That's like 6 weeks to use 3 gallons (I go through more than that in juice boxes in studio class)! If people are hung up on this whole thing, I'd say split it and do 35 days. But that's my thought. I'm not going to cry if it's 42 days, 49, or 56. Honestly, I think the 3 gallon rule makes sense. If someone can't fill more than 3 gallons within that time, there's always next time right (just omit that GS member's info until they do fill)? Someone who is using that little fuel within that time deserves a gold star just for the feat. I'd absolutely die if I was forced to drive that little.

It appears that we should maybe start a "Do-not-fill-your-tank-for-as-long-as-humanly-possible Challenge" next year .

In the end of it all it's the average gaslog numbers that shows its true colours, either sooner or later. And that's fine with me.
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #34
Registered Member

I advised Zipiloto that I'd like to end my participation at the end of this session. Since the second round was about to start that would have been at the end of the second 28 days. I have no objection if this first session is extended to become that 42 day period, but I'd like to concentrate on other things after that.
If the 42 day session is to begin at the end of this first 28 day session, then I'd like to be allowed to depart now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
It appears that we should maybe start a "Do-not-fill-your-tank-for-as-long-as-humanly-possible Challenge" next year .
The existing Guiness Records recognized city to city (that is, not a closed track course) on one standard tank of fuel record is at 1450 miles. I'd already been close (1430 miles) without knowing that there was even a category for this record. I contacted Guiness Records to learn the requirements for challenging. Unfortunately the Guiness people have a 'no vehicle older than 6 months' clause that prevented me from using my then 10 year old car to challenge for the record.
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:07 PM   #35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
I advised Zipiloto that I'd like to end my participation at the end of this session. Since the second round was about to start that would have been at the end of the second 28 days. I have no objection if this first session is extended to become that 42 day period, but I'd like to concentrate on other things after that.
If the 42 day session is to begin at the end of this first 28 day session, then I'd like to be allowed to depart now.
I'm not sure what we're doing but either way you're good to go. I'm fine with it either way. I would like to extend the current cycle to 42 days. That's make it an even 4 cycle in each of the series.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #36
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Quote:
The existing Guiness Records recognized city to city (that is, not a closed track course) on one standard tank of fuel record is at 1450 miles. I'd already been close (1430 miles) without knowing that there was even a category for this record. I contacted Guiness Records to learn the requirements for challenging. Unfortunately the Guiness people have a 'no vehicle older than 6 months' clause that prevented me from using my then 10 year old car to challenge for the record.
That is a shame. What fun would that be!! That would be a nice GS forum signature "Guiness World Record Holder for FE".

I am sure allot of people dont know of the record either.

BeeUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #37
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Quote:
Thanks for playing!!

Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #38
Semi-retired OPEC Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Ya if it were 42 days I could hit 1000+ mile tanks

I am easy either 28 or 42, I will just keep driving slow
I am fine with 42 as well.