Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 88 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #871
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I hear you. Basically what you'll want to do is just get the car moving and as soon as it starts to roll, shift real fast, then shift real fast again. I didn't mention it before, but I actually used all 5 gears and my hand and left foot are pretty busy for the first few seconds after a start-up.
Yea I noticed if I want to shift below 1500rpm I have to use all 5 gears. At least I'll build up my left leg.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:50 AM   #872
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Ahhhhh the poor guys and gals in the Scionworld with xB's only getting 23mpg . . . I feel sorry for them . . . "I only go 65-70 on the highway" well there is something to breaking in the engine I guess because I get 35mpg going up hills on the highway at 65mph. Last nights cruze around town for 20 miles for about an hour got me 50.2mpg and that's with the headlights on.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:19 AM   #873
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Grille block and belly pan. Wheel deflectors and possibly rear wheel skirts. I just need to get registered in NC and inspected first.
Thanks. Well with my salvage certificate off to the ole DOT I should have a few weeks to work on this stuff before I ever get it on the road.

Along with everything else I need to do on my list is:

1. Fog lights. I am going to get a set of OEM's and block off that little hole in them. I need the fogs for deer dodging where I live.

2. Grill block.

3. Moon hubcaps. My question on this one is do you think that coroplast would survive if cut to fit inside the inside edge of the rim. I would put holes in it to use 4 zip ties to attach it to the spokes of the rim. Any thoughts on that idea?

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:07 AM   #874
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack

3. Moon hubcaps. My question on this one is do you think that coroplast would survive if cut to fit inside the inside edge of the rim. I would put holes in it to use 4 zip ties to attach it to the spokes of the rim. Any thoughts on that idea?
Exactly what I was thinking of. Lemme know how it works.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #875
FE nut

Today was one of my better days. The trip to take my wife to work(5.86 miles) came in at 58.7 mpg. From there to my shop(9.1 miles) I ended up with 46.7. Darn traffic and lights. The trip this afternoon was much better. I took the back way to pick up my wife. It was .5 miles farther but my mileage came in at 66.6 mpg. The trip from her shop to home ended up at 60.3 mpg.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #876
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
NICE GOING DiamondLarry!!
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #877
Registered Member

Quote:
Today was one of my better days. The trip to take my wife to work(5.86 miles) came in at 58.7 mpg. From there to my shop(9.1 miles) I ended up with 46.7. Darn traffic and lights. The trip this afternoon was much better. I took the back way to pick up my wife. It was .5 miles farther but my mileage came in at 66.6 mpg. The trip from her shop to home ended up at 60.3 mpg.
Good Job!

Is this the temporary ride or do you have your car back yet?
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:08 PM   #878
FE nut

It just got even better. I had to go to my mom's earlier tonight. It was a 5.1 mile trip. On the way there, the SG was reporting a tick or two above 63 mpg. On the way home, I ended up with 74.8 mpg. Wayne say's he's getting scared. Here is his last post:
Quote:
Wayne wrote:
Hi DiamondLarry:

___I cannot wait to hear from you 4 or 5 years from now when you are in a used 03 HCH-I w/ a stick and you are sitting at 121 mpg’s looking back and saying wtf was a hot segment way back when anyway

___To all, keep up these great segments even if the weather/traffic/terrain is working against you like it almost always does! It makes me proud to be affiliated with a group that can still achieve far beyond the EPA even in the face of adversity that would make a normal driver’s FE comparable to a Hummer H2!

___Good Luck

___Wayne

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 08-25-2006, 12:04 AM   #879
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto
Good Job!

Is this the temporary ride or do you have your car back yet?
Sorry about the missed reply here. That is correct, this is my temporary ride. I just talked to the guy who is doing the Singh Grooves and other mods to the head and he said that, as long as the machine shop stays on schedule, I may be able to pick my car up in about two weeks.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 08-25-2006, 05:08 AM   #880
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry about the missed reply here. That is correct, this is my temporary ride. I just talked to the guy who is doing the Singh Grooves and other mods to the head and he said that, as long as the machine shop stays on schedule, I may be able to pick my car up in about two weeks.
WOW that is impressive. I can't wait till you get your permenate ride back with the mods. You will really be posting some big numbers then>

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote