Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrggeek View Post
Have you thought about carpooling?

Also, is that 30 miles one way or round trip? You might consider bicycling. (Just don't tell dad or he'll picture you plastered to the side of a bus.) In 15 miles of heavy traffic you might even get their faster on a bike!

Just thought I'd point out the obvious...
Its 30 miles one way on a 65 mph highway. It would probably take me longer on a bike or I would definitly be doing that lol. I also haven't found anyone I work with yet who works near me. Also, carpooling might not work to well because sometimes I have to go places right after work(I also dj as a little hobby).

Thanks for all your guys input, I think I will try and show them the calculations with the increase in gas. What bothers me is when I first got the car I told him I didnt really want a big car because of gas and he said "Oh don't worry about gas thats nothing why would you worry about that"........ and so it continues

hockeyadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Thumbs up

First up, I think it's cool that you have a conscience about wanting to save gas. I know most of my friends that are your age are idiots who are more interested in "pimpin'" than mileage.
My question is this: are you paying for your own gas, or are Mom n' Pop fronting that bill? If it's coming outa your pocket, I'd hit 'em with that fact, 'specially since yer just starting up that ladder to making buck-a-roos. But if they are paying for the gas...hmmmm...I might just ride on until I finish school and could get an economical ride of my own.
Just my 2 cent-a-mundos.

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #23
Registered Member

I was one of those parents who thought like your parents. Just wait until you are on your own to drive what you want. You will not change there minds. I gave my son a 1984 olds 4 door sedan for his first car(ugh). It saved his life. Some one driving a 1970's ford van went through a red light and t-boned him. Car was totaled but he walked away from it. I got both my daughters big cars for the same reason. Its not easy knowing that your child is growing up and going to be on there own, but it's part of life. You just want to do what ever you think might make them a little safer.
1cheap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob View Post
First up, I think it's cool that you have a conscience about wanting to save gas. I know most of my friends that are your age are idiots who are more interested in "pimpin'" than mileage.
My question is this: are you paying for your own gas, or are Mom n' Pop fronting that bill? If it's coming outa your pocket, I'd hit 'em with that fact, 'specially since yer just starting up that ladder to making buck-a-roos. But if they are paying for the gas...hmmmm...I might just ride on until I finish school and could get an economical ride of my own.
Just my 2 cent-a-mundos.
I pay for my own gas. I would definitly not care so much if they were paying for my gas lol. I did take out my back seats this weekend, it seemed to help a little.

hockeyadc is offline   Reply With Quote