Is HHO the way to go? - Page 21 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #201
Registered Member

Cheap PWM

You can find cheap PWM'S on ebay.
Search hho and you will find all kinds for around $30.00 and up.
You can get them from 15 amps all the way to 100 amps.

Hope this helps,
Aquatron

Aquatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #202
Registered Member

From what I read in this thread below, JeepForum.com has found that HHO was only working because it was converting the available energy in the vehicle's battery to HHO. Once the battery ran low, the alternator was causing the whole system to reach an equilibrium. Even worse, the battery would sit uncharged and sulfate reducing its lifespan.

A complete scientific discussion can also be found at this link. They explain how HHO CANNOT SOLVE OUR MPG PROBLEMS!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...566149&page=24

rgathright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #203
Registered Member

Power

That is true, and false at the same time.

You know how you can put in subs and upgrade your system in the car?

That is due to the leftover power your alternator makes.

Now, they were producing too much Hydrogen for what they wanted. Your car produces left over energy that just gets wasted. You should know they aren't going to create just enough energy where if you add anything such as a light, it is going to drain your battery.

No, Cars have tons of leftover energy and you got to experiment on how much to use. Once you use to much, you can't go any further creating they hydrogen.

Now, An idea would be to take a bunch of batterys from a hybrid car and hook your HHO up and make it so it is able to plug in every night. Make it out of a 5 gallong bucket, or a few of them, and call it good.

Should be able to create a cell so powerful it would lean out most of the gas. The goal is 20+ liters per minute. And 6 of these batterys should be able to run it for the day. I think, but probably wrong.

Just an idea.

Now, for the PWM. I dont want a cheap one. I dont even care if it is a pwm man.

now, ccpwms are way better, you can turn the pot to 25 amps. and you never have to adjust it as it adjusts itself autmaticly to stay on 25 AMPS at all times.

Or turn it to 20, or turn it to 80.

YOu get the idea.

That is what I want to do with my unit.
Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #204
Registered Member

where are people getting this idea of "leftover energy" in the alternator?

using the sub woofer theory. I have been to shcool for electronics and currently work in a design center that designs PAs for wireless applications. when in high school and college, I was really into car audio (I was pushing about 125dB in a geo metro) if I were idling and the bass would drop and hold for a relatively long amount of time, it would choke the car completely off. actually what would happen is the engine would start to sputter until the voltage on the system would drop so low that the radio would cut off. I impressed many people with this setup. it was a 3-cyl metro but that is my point.

I run my car right now on engine load. that is how I get my good mileage (relatively speaking). I do not have a large stereo currently so I can't do this test even though I know how it will end up. sit at idle with the scangauge and see what your engine load is, then crank up the tunes and watch the number rise. the higher the engine load, the more gas you are using.

I have already seen this with headlights. if I am idling and I turn on my headlights, my engine load goes up around 3 percent. (from 26 percent to 29 percent)

no free power. power produced by gasoline through the alternator. 20 amps of power isn't free it has to come from somewhere.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #205
Registered Member

o2 sensor

Anyone here know if i have a single or dual o2 sensor?

I have a 1996 Honda civic Ex 1.6L engine.

I have no idea as I bought a single Map enhancer and something is telling me I should of done dual.

If this car has dual, i am going to be so peved.

Thanks, Will
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #206
Registered Member

No such thing as spare power from your alt.
The more amps you use, the more load you put on the alt.
That's why the things are rated.
If you use more than its rated, you will open up the windings.
There is NOT extra power sitting in your alternator!!!

Try buying a pwm from ebay if you need one, there's plenty to choose from.

2001 Chevy S10 2.2 5 spd man
85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
GasSavers_Ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #207
Registered Member

Anyone who thinks alternator output is free, should stop sending their checks to the electric company and see how long their power stays on.

regards
gary
Old 10-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #208
Registered Member

retarded?

are you guys seriouse. you think your alternator only produces enough electricity as needed?

did you know when you turn your stero up, you are using more electricity!

When you role down your windows, you are using more electricity.

When you turn your headlights on, you are using more electricity.

Did you know video game consoles consume more electricty then needed?

Explain how you add subs and an amp in the car ???

you are just channeling left over electricity. I think you actually need to go to college, as I been talking to my dad who is a master electrician and is just laughing at you guys.

Everything has extra electricity.

Check your fuse box in your home. you will have one breaker rated at 30 AMPS, 10 AMPS, 20 AMPS and etc, (just examples) And you never use the full amont, otherwise you trip the breaker.

Same principals apply for autos too.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #209
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Anyone who thinks alternator output is free, should stop sending their checks to the electric company and see how long their power stays on.

regards
gary

The output is not free, you are only using the left over power the alternator creates. That is the purpose behind the project. You can create hydrogen on just 3 AMPS from 12v. That is what your autos cd players are usually rated at.

Running things with not one drop of extra power can cause a lot of electrical problems.

If the alternator didn't produce extra electricity, how do you think it charges the battery in the car when you leave your lights on. You drive around, and it charges it up. It is charging from all the leftover electricty the alternator produces.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #210
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
No such thing as spare power from your alt.
The more amps you use, the more load you put on the alt.
That's why the things are rated.
If you use more than its rated, you will open up the windings.
There is NOT extra power sitting in your alternator!!!

Try buying a pwm from ebay if you need one, there's plenty to choose from.

You are correct to a point. You are making your alternator work harder. Except, I bought something that hooks up to the alternat that you get an extra 30 AMPS out of that allows you to use the left over electric your alternator produces,.

Now it doesn't just suck up 30 extra amps, at time your alternator has to work harder, but just not as hard.

That is the purpose behind it. I am actually working on a plug in water electric car. it will consume of a trunk, and 6 batterys from hybrid cars.

30 gallon tank in the trunk, I am hoping to produce enough hydrogen to run a car with no gas at all. I think you gotta use gas to start the vechile, but afer that the hydrogen will kick in and lean the vechile out.

Of course, it is my goal to make it last for 12 hours before having to plug in the batterys.