mythbusters testing gas savers - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-14-2006, 07:06 AM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
'

Well said Larry. Also they have vested interest in that statement(fact) as maybe the additives keep the cars out of the very profitable repair area of the dealerships...

Old 05-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #22
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
repairs

Was about to change my friends oil but she took her Acura in to have the check engine light checked and they changed it and charged her a lot for it as well. Probably only needed an oil change - and she got it at dealer prices no doubt. Around here if a woman brings in a car for service they get raped $$$$. Had a girlfriend that had squeeky brakes and they did a $700 brake job, the rotors and pads were like new 3/4 ton van never hauled anything - the brakes needed a little heavy use to burn off the dust.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #23
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to n0rt0npr0
'

Jan, girls getting taken advantage of with ludacris repair estimates happen everywhere! its just that way.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #24
*shrug*

My shop is the most honest

My shop is the most honest place I could've imagined. A girl of 22ish walks in with an oil light and Mikey is like, Ben, top it off, so I do, and she drives off, and no money changes hands. Every repair is cleared and explained to the owners, and most things, like CV boots, that're serious just get written down on a slip to give the owners as part of the reciept for suggestions of future repairs. Not to mention everything gets fixed no matter what for the price quoted to the owner,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote