Which system is best? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

Which system is best?

Hello everyone, Can someone please advise me which to buy....please excuse my ignorance in this matter.

I have been reading so much about water as gas/fuel....and I am a little confused as to which system is the easiest to instal and the best value etc. I am a llittle scared to fork out 100+ dollars for a book and then again for the parts etc. I have checked all of the systems out here www.intellifuel.org and many other sites and have come to the conclusion that water4gas is the best value for money. This Ozzie Freedom character kinda speaks my language.....although I spotted quite a few spelling mistakes.....lol I like the way he promtes his site...it's straight forward and to the point. He also looks like he has done his homework too...there is a ton of info on his site, the other sites are kinda vauge and a little confusing.....maybe it's just me.

Does anyone actully HAVE the water4gas system installed in thier Car? Can you please tell me if it really does work.....before the wife finds out i'm planning to make a Hydrogen Bomb in the garage then fit it in her Car!!!

Many thanks in advance....Kieran....

Kieran Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Registered Member

Smile nope.....Genuine actually!

Actually, it was a genuine question....and not spam, don't be so paranoid. So I posted it in the wrong forum.....well, excuse me! It was only advice I was looking for.....I though it was what this forum was all about? Already two people whinging....why don't you help rather than find fault with the poster and his question?

Kieran..........

Old 07-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Site Team

Kieran-

Welcome to the forums. I have moved the question to the "HHO Products" forum for you.

-Bob C.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
Registered Member

kieran,

though you can get advice on the whole HHO thing from that other area.

also consider some of the other modifications that we are doing on here that are "tried and true" with thousands of miles of data to back them up. I am just saying this because if you are truely new to the whole FE thing, maybe you don't know about the other stuff that people are doing which doesn't cost that much or costs nothing to do.

air up tires to max sidewall pressure(75 cent, depending on the gas station)
grill block (duct tape and time, depending on how much you care about looks)
extend air dam (rubber edging from THE WAL-MART)
scangauge to teach you how to drive better ($170 yea this one is expensive, but well worth the money)

I am not trying to be critical but all the HHO folks are putting so much money into the BUBBLER when they haven't done the basic stuff to get their mileage up there easily. most of what I have said is relatively easy to do in usually less than an hour. no testing, no wondering, and proven results.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I also thought it looked like spam at first (and actually it has all the makings) I still wanted to share the other methods of improving FE.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hey Beef, thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I am a newbie to FE, and I appologise if my post looked like spam...was that because I used a link to a site?...

Wow, the Scangauge looks like something I could really find usefull. I drive an old Mercedes 200, 1970 Model.......she is a beauty, but loves the gas. I don't want to get rid of this old Lady, she has NEVER let me down but as she gets older....she using much more Gas. I live in Central Mexico high up in the Sierra Mountains....and driving up and down everyday is geting costly. This is my reason for trying to find an alterantive fuel source.....or basically run the Mercedes as cheap as possible.....or the wife will get her way....and I'll end up with a Red Toyota...lol. Also, thank you the other tips too....I will certainly implement them!!

Kind regards and thank you once again!.......Kieran
Old 07-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
Registered Member

sorry to say that the scangauge only works with 1996 and newer cars. if the mercedes is a diesel, you could also look into running biodiesel and even making it yourself out of spent cooking oil. this is a very messy process but I have heard that people are making it for about $1.50-$2 a gallon. there again you have to pay for the equipment but it runs as good as regular diesel and smells like french fries.

if you don't have a diesel then please disregard the above.

FYI: recently, this site has been bombarded with spam about the HHO solutions which has made people really jumpy about listening to anyone that says anything about HHO especially when they post a link and the fact that it was your first post. usually that is a dead ringer.

also, toyotas are good cars. I would opt for the corolla over the yaris because of the space but the do get really good mileage and are easy to modify and hypermile for even better FE.

good luck in your hypermiling ventures.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Actually, those old Mercedes diesels are very commonly converted to run on SVO/WVO -- that's vegetable oil which hasn't been refined into biodiesel. Processing is minimal, you just have to filter it and separate out the water. Instead of buying refining equipment you have to buy equipment that will make the car run well on it.

As BEEF said, first posts mentioning HHO and containing a link are spam 95% of the time. We get a few every day here.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
Registered Member

the only thing about running on pure vegetable oil is that if you leave it in the lines and cut the vehicle off, it tends to solidify. I know they have systems out there that you can get that purge the lines with diesel for cut off and you run on regular diesel until a heater can liquify the oil for use. the catch with that is now you have to have two fuel tanks.

my brother-in-law converted a ford F-250 like that. he is a retard. not for the truck thing but the reason behind it. his truck is jacked up with 35 inch tires and a stupid high lift kit. he converted it over to prove that even big trucks can be economical because he is getting the oil for free right now. the catch with that is, he payed 25k for the truck "USED" along with the filtration kit and all the extra lift crap for it. I figure he has about 40K in the truck by now (including the truck price). I guess I proved my first point.

sorry went off on a tangent...they do sell those kits too. not sure the expense. either would help your fuel consumption. I think mythbusters actually did a thing where they ran an old diesel car on straight cooking oil. they couldn't believe it actually worked but they didn't have to worry about it solidifying on them either.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
Registered Member

I think the 200 was a 4 cyl gas engine.

regards
gary
Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #10
Registered Member

oh well. forget what I said about the diesel stuff.

I just knew a lot of people with the old mercedes' kept them because they were diesels and got great efficiency.

I don't really keep up with mercedes that much.