Official Thread for posting daily FE updates - Page 16 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #151
Registered Member

Quote:round trip results:

Quote:
round trip results: 99.2 mpg (US) / 2.4 L/100 km / 119.1 mpg (imp)
:jawdrop:

If you hit 80 mpg US this tank I'm going to throwup...

Old 05-09-2006, 12:15 PM   #152
Registered Member

Re: I'm sure you'll hit 100+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I'm sure you'll hit 100+ after you cover all the holes between body panels.
unfortunately, aero doesn't have a large impact on this segment route - avg. speed is only 19-20 mph. (max 40).

but aero is where i want to focus, since my goal is to raise my *hwy* average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95metro
If you hit 80 mpg US this tank I'm going to throwup...
eat whatever you like - you won't be tasting it twice! my tank average is going to come down since i have a couple of highway trips coming up.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #153
Registered Member

Ah, not to worry. I'm just

Ah, not to worry. I'm just consistently kicking myself for not being more patient when I bought the Metro. It has a lot of small issues that I simply didn't have a clue to look for.

No matter what though it's 400% better than my gas-pig Aerostar so the little car's fulfilled its roll.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #154
FE nut

On the way out, I only

On the way out, I only filled up once. The miles driven were 383.5 and the gallons were 8.581 for an average of 44.7 mpg. On the trip home, the same general stretch of road at 270.9 miles I used 5.782 gallons for 46.8 mpg. This was into the prevailing headwinds so I think there was an improvement. The roads in PA are VERY hilly so there were numerous WOT or near WOT runs to get up hills. Granted, I got to go down the hills but I think you may actually lose more going uphill than you gain going downhill. I will be taking a trip to Indianapolis on the 20th and this will be on a road with a top speed of 55. This is the type of driving I'm most familiar with for mileage results. Should be interesting.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:30 AM   #155
Registered Member

with the needle pointing

with the needle pointing almost half (i'd guess 65%?) and only 210 km of 80,20 city hwy driving and i'm losing hope...even if the scangauge says its 42 mpg (5.6 LPK) and tank to empty says 660 km I doubt i'll reach my 1000 km tank this time... sigh...

maybe i should start letting people rear end me lol.. sometimes those damn traffic lights just want to make my life worse you know!

And also since my car is parked outside, its exposed to a lot of cold temps (9 degrees C) to 15 degrees C in the daytime with bright sunlight. Since my car is black could my tank be shrinking and growing at such a rate where I'm just losing a lot of fuel vapor? Hm maybe its time to start parking in the garage again... but losing the remote control is a huge bottleneck for me to use it.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:14 AM   #156
*shrug*

Get another remote, dun dun

Get another remote, dun dun dun.

My car is in the shop (not my shop) getting my vx rims (only two painted) mounted, as well as an alignment.

I'm sure both will help tremendously, but I'll prolly **** up my alignment at work tomorrow redoing my suspension, but then again, work has one of the best alignment racks yet made, and I do get an hour for lunch.

My superMID left Japan on the 9th, thanks Dan and Yoshi. Testing will commence when it arrives and I get it all set up and ****.

Jared, gimme some exhaust manifolds.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #157
Registered Member

Monthly refuel

Half way to work today and the last bar on the fuel gauge disappeared on the Insight

I'm not brave enough to drive around with nothing showing on the gas gauge -

So at 821.9 miles, I refueled. 10.1 gallons. Calculated mileage 82.1 MPG. It's a new personal record for miles per tank.

I hadn't gassed up since 3/30, prices are much higher now. $2.799 a gallon, Exxon Regular.
84.1 MPG, 76.8 LMPG on the FCD for that tank.

91.3 MPG for the remainder of the commute to work, it's a good start on the next tank.

Now to get busy at finishing the front wheel skirts.
hawkgt647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #158
Registered Member

Re: Monthly refuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgt647
Half way to work today and the last bar on the fuel gauge disappeared on the Insight
congrats, hawkgt! i rarely get to E in the fireflea because i don't have the patience to wait that long. but i used to go past the last red "tick" on my accord's gauge on a regular basis.

Quote:
Now to get busy at finishing the front wheel skirts.
photos please! i also started on this, but have put it on hold until i catch up on other projects, chores & work. it's reverted back to "to do" list status.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #159
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Geo

The old Geo has a red band at the bottom below E and I used to go below it - as long as the needle kept moving as I went up and down hills I was ok - when the engine starts to run a little rough then it is pumping air and its time to get some gas.

The xB when the needle gets to E you are out of gas and it runs a little rough at a half a gallon of gas remains - not good to get that low - the fuel pump is cooled and lubricated by the gasoline.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #160
Registered Member

79.x mpg (US) today in

79.x mpg (US) today in "real" driving (as opposed to my optimized route). encountered construction delays, normal traffic flows (made me accelerate more than usual, shorten my coast durations), etc.

i'm liking the warm weather and the no alternator.

but i've got to check my tire pressure. it's too high (due to rising ambient) - when the tires are too hard, the suspension rattles a little over slightly bumpy surfaces. sounds like it's coming from the upper strut bearings.