FE Team Challenge - discussion - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #71
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
Now that we have opened it up for teams to join we will need to make a few changes. Since there is not a abundant of highly modified and 6 cylinders let's drop those requirements but keep the automatic and 4 door car in the team composition.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Also since we will be having teams and drivers coming and going we need to think of a way for scoring. Keeping in mind that it needs not to be so cumbersome that Metro has to spend all his time dealing with it. Metro will have the final say in this since he is doing the scoring.
Should be straight up percentage over combined new EPA, right?

Quote:
If we reset the Team %EPA every 30 days then if a new team wants in they wont have to wait for an extended period of time before they can start.

This will also level the playing field every 30 days so that if someone joins the site comes in with a low %EPA then start modifing their car and starts getting big numbers they won't be accused of sandbagging.

Thoughts?
I was wondering how this would work, and how new teams could join. The 30-day mark seems reasonable for a reset. Hopefully more folks can get on-board before the A/C season hits hard.

RH77

Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #72
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
Hopefully more folks can get on-board before the A/C season hits hard.
There's no "AC" in TEAM.

As for scoring, if it becomes too much work, I may just send a spreadsheet to the team captains and ask them to track & report their teams.

I'm also good with the 30 day reset.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #73
Registered Member

Quote:

Should be straight up percentage over combined new EPA, right?

RH77
Yea, just like we have been doing.

I'm just thinking out loud but:

I was also thinking maybe do a point system where 1st is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2 point and 3rd is worth 1 point for the team that has the best % over EPA after 30 days. You could have a summer(march-sept) and a winter(oct-feb) season. The team with the most point wins the series.

With a 30 day reset it would make it very tough to win month after month. If a team joined late they could still have a chance in the current series and would be go to go for the next series. It would also give you a chance to bow out just to keep from getting burned out. Hard core FE takes its toll month after month.

Metro's spot on about the AC. Treat it as if it were a bike commute and freashing up once you get there.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #74
ELF
Registered Member

Quote:
Yea, just like we have been doing.

just to keep from getting burned out. Hard core FE takes its toll month after month..
Ya, no kiddin, I normally don't use foul language but lately I have been swearing at red lights
Old 03-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #75
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELF View Post
Ya, no kiddin, I normally don't use foul language but lately I have been swearing at red lights

what i cuss at is the cars that are slow to move when light turns green and i'm coasting up to them..

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:57 PM   #76
Registered Member

Heat sucks

Quote:
Metro's spot on about the AC. Treat it as if it were a bike commute and freashing up once you get there.
Good idea -- I'll shower when I get to airport

The spreadsheets sound like a good deal. Perhaps a standard plug-n-play with auto-calcs/macros would make it easy.

Back to the HRS (Humidity Reduction System) -- as I look back on the gaslogs, the car likes it hot (but the driver doesn't). That's true that there's no "AC" in "Team"...

Unless you're TEAM-AC! An all air-con team with an added challenge. Oh, who am I kidding .

RH77
Old 03-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #77
Registered Member

Quote:
Good idea -- I'll shower when I get to airport

Unless you're TEAM-AC! An all air-con team with an added challenge. Oh, who am I kidding .

RH77
Ric,
With security now a days I thought that you just travelled in flip flops and a speedo to expidite the TSA hassle. No AC should be no problem.

TEAM-AC
If you want to put together an AC team go ahead the scoring is on % EPA. Just have 3 months of running the AC so your 90 day avgerages reflect that.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM   #78
Registered Member

77.x mpg (SG) on a round trip in the rain to pick up Chinese food this evening. This is exactly the kind of trip I'll be using the ForkenSwift for when it's ready: local hops where I can't easily/comfortably (or don't want to) ride my bike.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #79
Registered Member

GasMisers5 Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I'm going to post the new team info in the results thread this evening - with updated starting averages provided by CO.
GasMisers5 Team

I am proud of the four guys that have agreed to join me on this team. I am sure the team approach will motivate us all to give a little more effort than might have been possible individually.

The five of us represent California, Colorado, Michigan, North Carolina and far away Scotland. We also represent GasSavers.org, a great place to be.

Team cars- all 5 are different brands:

CO ZX2...Old Reliable...'99 Ford ZX2 2.0 5-speed...22/30/25...64.32...157.2%

FormulaTwo...The Egg...'93 Civic CX 1.5 5-speed...29/37/32...58.13...81.65%

omgwtfbyobbq...White Bread...'92 Toyota Camry V6 automatic...16/23/19...33...73.68%

landspeed...Bluey ...'87 Nissan Bluebird Turbo 1.8 5-speed...20/25/22...35.61...61.86%

jwxr7...The Metro Experience...'94 Geo Metro 4 dr. 1.0 5-speed...38/44/40...53.63...34.07%

We received approval for our team to begin competition on 3/20/07.

jwxr7 has got us off to a great start 3/21/07 with his best tank fillup ever 60.30 MPG on 3/21/07 . Congrats, jwxr7. Your recent hard work is paying off. Glad to have you on the team. Go GasMisers5.

I would like to encourage other members to consider putting together a team to join in the competition. Percentage of improvement is the yardstick so your high or low EPA % rating is not that critical. You will do better on a team and have fun doing it.

Thanks to MetroMPG and zpiloto for getting the FE Team Challenge started and the many hours they have spent, are spending, and will spend keeping it going.
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #80
Team GasMisers5!

No fillup as yet, but I assume all my readings from now on will be in the first round for 'GasMisers5' . I have been trying extra-hard to save gas, and my tank seems to be doing very well (going by the fuel gauge). My SuperMID compatability circuit (due to my fuel injectors being a strange type with pulse-width modulation) will be made this weekend, and I have justed ordered my Correx. Grill block, rad block, rear wheel (partial) skirts, maybe partial front wheel skirts, and partial underbody tray here we come

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote